Musical Update


Eyyyyy. How y'all doing?

Pilot reporting to duty, ladies and gentlemen, with the plan for a few scenes and some completed music tracks.

As for writing, I'm still working on the first part, but I got part of the scene layout map finished. I know what progression they are in. A old scene was finished and completed, and I will leave it at that, unless we need to add another necessary detail. Jeff's route is thought-out now, and I think he is developed enough for me to start writing his route and smoothly control his character. And even when I cannot control it, I am sure he will still act like himself.

Jeffrey Firework IV is based off Independence Day. Like his day, he has a sort of explosive energy at times. He drinks when he's happy, and goes crazy, telling people his very deep, deep, deep, dark secrets, like... "I shower naked." Very dark secret. Jeff is probably tied with Chris on the stupidity level. Speaking about secrets, he doesn't seem like he has many. He's too light-hearted and whimsical for that shit, yo.

But you never know. Writers lie for a living, so you can't really know if I'm telling you legit stuff.

And for the music, I've got three tracks finished, and some others are on the way. The images and ideas I have for the upcoming soundtracks are pretty clear. I've already finished Heartbeast (we decided my typo for Heartbeat made a great name), and Song of the Sun (but I'm going to re-do it; that's a song from way back when I was a wee baby messing with digital music production in seventh grade). Please Take Care was finished just yesterday, thanks to the constructive criticism Chuu and her younger brother kindly gave.

Lately, I've been looking through visual novel and anime soundtracks that seemed to be loved by the general public so that I can get a feeling for the tracks can be so that it can set the mood while not being distracting or overly boring. I've also been looking through the variety of moods, and hoping that I can get a feel for each so that Ephemera can also have a diverse music collection. I've pretty much spent this whole week mulling over the mistakes in Please Take Care and the mood and different soundtracks and haven't left the house. (What is homework? What is school life? What weekend assignment?) I've built up a craving to play Remember11 again. And watch Gintama. (sigh) So many things I want to do; so little time.

In about a week, my life will build up again. I will try to work on Ephemera as much as possible though.

Update on Ahjummae, since he seems too busy lately: He's been working hard at school. He says he can't catch onto things that are taught quickly, so he always has to study extra. He is not an auditory learner, and he says those people have it easier. He is also training to become a lifeguard and could possibly start that job after/during spring break (I don't remember). It doesn't seem like he'll be open until summer, but at least that gives us time to get the script rolling and solidly determine what sprites to create.

This is what Please Take Care looks like:


And this is my seventh grade mess of Song of the Sun:


I'll work on Extinguish when I've got a catchy riff down.

I can't wait for Jack's route and make some rock songs for him. Chris is kind of a like a ballad route. Jeff is kind of disco and funky stuff. Tuck is probably more playful, happy, sparkly, and videogame-like. But with Jack, I can probably give him some pop rock stuff, and then some death metal. I am really excited for this.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts.