Chuu Chronicles #01

Hi, it's Chuu! Sorry that I haven't updated at all really. I went through sort of an art block - that is kind of a frequent occurrence for me, lol. But yeah, I have some stuff piled up and I thought I'd do a timeline of Chris' development, since I draw him way more than any other character, haha. He's my fav baby.

Okay, let's start off with the very first drawing I drew of him. It was quick, done on impulse, and loads of fun. At this point, though, his name was Santa rather than Chris. And well, it's not hard to guess what came through my head regarding his appearance.
This is what I call a bishounen Santa.
This is my "second" try - done more seriously. I have a ton of other preliminary sketches, but this is a more finalized version. Kind of looks like a skater dude, eh? With a Santa complex or something? I couldn't get my mind off of the actual Santa and felt like I needed to make him as Santa as possible...



Then we named him Chris! Thank god.
Lol at the Santa colors still.
Made him lose the beanie and man, made a hell of a difference.
Rough sketch of a sprite I will never finish because I just need to redo it. I have a lot of trouble with character consistency...
And I guess from then on I continued to draw him on and off. It seemed like every single drawing was inconsistent and it was really frustrating. But I wanted to be able to reach a point where I could draw him and make it look like him several times in a row before I even thought about making any sprites. I want them to be as perfect as possible after all.

So I began posting art on Instagram. From there, I decided to draw Chris every day for a week to see how consistent I could draw him. Lol, pretty much failed that, but I think I reached some sort of breakthrough? Maybe?
Tried something new. Worked mostly on the colors in this one. I think this is when I finally started tapping into Chris' actual character and was able to portray some of it through the drawing. His eyes seem to be kinder.
Now a million years later, having been awoken from my artistic slumber from Pilot kicking me in the arse, I present another Chris - the latest. And it's clear that my style has changed but I don't really understand how because I haven't really been drawing. o_o

This is his puppy dog face with the blushies.
Hopefully, Chris is developing in a good way. I'll do my best!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts.